Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another random update

So, I have one exam left, at the end of my first year in taking my Math degree!!  I realize that the blog I wrote quite a while ago, when I was 24, was right.  I have progressed well beyond the 21 year old version of University.  Man, I show up in time for class, and leave as soon as I am done.  I don't want to be a part of the University culture, and I don't feel bad about it at all.

The truth is:

It is necessary for me to take and pass these tests in order for me to become a teacher someday.

Did I just say that????

Yes, for the past year and a bit, I have known what I want to do!!  I want to be a teacher!! Preferably, a High School Math teacher.

I know that I still have some years to go before I get there, but I really think that is the best place for me to start.  I want to have the time and venue to not only teach kids some math skills, but to teach some kids life skills and be able to be an example for them.

It is amazing what having that kind of a direction in your life can do for you.  At the moment, I tutor a grade 10 math student.  Next year, I think I may get some more students to teach.  I feel good about what I'm up to, and I'm not always questioning my every move.  I know it may take time and effort, and I may not start teaching until I'm 30ish, but it will be worth it.  It will be worth it for me and it will be worth it for the kids.

Bonus:  I still get to volunteer at camp in the summer!!

In other news, I recently had a really great relationship with a really special woman.  Her name is Robyn.  Now, unfortunately, we had to break up.  It was rushed and our lives are headed in different directions.  However, that was the first time in a long time that I have been able to commit that deeply to a relationship.  My heart and soul was behind it.  I was all out and was working through some fears and issues that were obviously there.

In another note, we didn't doing anything regrettable in our time together.  It was healthy and respectful.  I realized, again, that I am a pretty good catch, and that waiting for those extremely special women who make your heart leap is worth it.  Also, I realized, that it is when you aren't looking for anything and you aren't reaching and hanging on for dear life, that God puts those people there.

The last 3 weeks or so... were really tough for me.  I was sad and depressed would be a good way to describe it.  On top of the break-up, my grandma died.  I wish I could have said some last words to her.  However, I have snapped out of that funk and am thru my 2 worst exams of the semester.  Life is looking pretty bright and promising, and I know that God has a plan for me and I can't wait to see what it involves.  Well, that is all for now!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home